The global C5ISR market size is set to hit USD 147.97 billion by 2026 owing to increasing deployment of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) for reconnaissance operations, according to the recent Fortune Business Insights™ report, titled “C5ISR Market Size, Share and Industry Analysis by Type (Land, Naval, Airborne, Space), By Application (Electronic Warfare, Surveillance and Reconnaissance, Intelligence, Command, and Control), By Solution (Product and Services), and Regional Forecast, 2019- 2026”. The report further states that the value of this market stood at USD 113.44 billion in 2018 and is expected to display a CAGR of 3.38% from 2019 to 2026.
BAE Systems Secures Multimillion Deal with the US Navy
In February 2020, the UK-based defense company, BAE Systems, won a $212 million contract from the Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division (NAWCAD) of the US Navy. Under the contract, the company will be required to design, integrate, and test radio communication systems for the Navy’s recently constructed Guided Missile Destroyers and other US Coast Guard ships. The British company was also awarded an independent contract worth USD 104.7 million by the NAWCAD for providing sophisticated C5ISR (command, control, communications, computers, combat systems, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance) systems to the US Navy. In addition to supplying, the company will also provide lifetime engineering and technical services for these systems. Thus, the rising integration of advanced technologies with existing defense systems by militaries across the globe will be one of the top C5ISR market trends in the forthcoming years.
Increased spending on the armed forces is intended to equip on-field soldiers with latest communication and analysis technologies so as to facilitate more efficient decision-making in the field. The report further states that the value of this market stood at USD 113.44 billion in 2018.
Get a Sample Copy of the Report at –
- Extensive product offerings
- Customer research services
- Robust research methodology
- Comprehensive reports
- Latest technological developments
- Value chain analysis
- Growth dynamics
- Quality assurance
- Post-sales support
- Regular report updates
List of Key Companies Covered in the C5ISR Market Report are:
- CACI International Inc.
- L3Harris Technologies Inc.
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- General Dynamics Corporation
- Elbit Systems Ltd.
- Collins Aerospace
- SAAB AB
- BAE Systems
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
Geographically, the detailed analysis of consumption, revenue, market share and growth rate (historic and forecast) of the following regions are covered:
- North America (the USA and Canada)
- Europe (UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Scandinavia and Rest of Europe)
- Asia Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, Southeast Asia and Rest of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and Rest of Latin America)
The report also contains the following:
- Exhaustive analysis of the market trends and drivers;
- In-depth research into the factors restraining the market;
- Comprehensive study of the regional dynamics of the market;
- Detailed evaluation of the competitive landscape of the market; and
- Thorough assessment of all the possible market segments.
Rising Adoption of Battlefield Management Systems (BMS) to Propel the Market
A battlefield management system (BMS) enhances quality of decisions and enables better control of military units by integrating information collection and processing on a unified platform. One of the leading C5ISR market trends is the rising demand for BMS for military combat missions owing to the multiple advantages of these systems. For example, BMS units can be worn or handheld by soldiers and commanders individually, thereby enabling each member of the unit to access and analyze incoming information.
Moreover, these systems have preinstalled GPS modules, making it easy for soldiers to find their way through tough terrains. Most importantly, BMS ensures that the messages and orders sent and received are digitally encrypted, thus reducing the risk of interception of communication by enemy radars. Thus, the multiple benefits of BMS tools have made them an integral part of C5ISR systems and their increasing adoption, therefore, augurs well for the market.
Extensive Modernization of Armed Forces to Augment the Market in North America:
The market size in North America stood at USD 65.80 billion in 2018 and the region is poised to dominate the market share for C5ISR, in the foreseeable future owing to the heavy investments made by the US government in modernizing its military equipment. In Canada, establishment of C5ISR centers at strategic points across the country will further boost the market. Asia-Pacific is expected to register a healthy CAGR as a result of higher budgetary allocation for the defense sectors in India and China. On the other hand, in the Middle East & Africa, strong presence of military systems suppliers will fuel the market.
Key Players to Focus on Developing Advanced Solutions
The C5ISR market forecast predicts a dynamic period for this market as major players such as SAAB and BAE Systems increase their R&D expenditure to develop next-gen military communications technology. These advancements have empowered the key players to strengthen their hold on the market and ensure their dominance for perpetuity.
- March 2020: Lockheed Martin Corporation, the US-based aerospace and defense bigwig, launched its Advanced Extremely High Frequency (AEHF-6) satellite from Cape Canaveral in Florida. The satellite forms an important component of the protected communications network, delivering enhanced communication and security capabilities to the US Space Force.
- January 2019: The Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center (SPAWARSYSCEN) Atlantic of the US Navy awarded the Navy Cyber Mission Engineering Support contract to the American aerospace and defense company, General Dynamics Corporation. At an estimated value of USD 898 million, the contract will require General Dynamics to supply state-of-the-art defense technologies to meet the American Armed Forces’ military needs.
View other Related Reports:
Fortune Business Insights™ delivers accurate data and innovative corporate analysis, helping organizations of all sizes make appropriate decisions. We tailor novel solutions for our clients, assisting them to address various challenges distinct to their businesses. Our aim is to empower them with holistic market intelligence, providing a granular overview of the market they are operating in.
Fortune Business Insights™ Pvt. Ltd.
308, Supreme Headquarters,
Survey No. 36, Baner,
Pune – 411045, Maharashtra, India.
US :+1 424 253 0390
UK : +44 2071 939123
APAC : +91 744 740 1245
Email: [email protected]
Connect us via Social Media Channels:
Read Press Release: