The captive power plant market size is prognosticated to witness promising growth in the forecast period owing to the rapid investments made in information and communication technology. In a report by Fortune Business Insights titled, “Captive Power Plant Market Size, Share & Industry Analysis, By Fuel (Diesel, Gas, Coal, Renewables), By Industry (Cement, Steel, Metals & Minerals, Petrochemicals, Sugar, Others) and Regional Forecast, 2019-2026,” various factors promoting and demoting the market are discussed in details.
Highlights of the Report
- The report offers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the captive power plant market, mainly focusing on the growth trajectory.
- It covers important aspects of the market such as growth boosters, restraints, challenges, and opportunities that the market is currently offering
- The report presents information regarding the competitive landscape of the market, names of market players, market segmentation and current captive power plant market trends and industry developments in an elaborative manner.
- The report also throws light on key strategies such as product launches, company collaborations, installation of new machinery, mergers and acquisitions, investments in research and development, contracts, and others adopted by the market players.
Surge in Demand for Continuous and Reliable Power Supply to Drive Market
With an increase in urbanization and industrialization all around the world, there is a surge in demand for energy-efficient power systems too. Captive power plants help to provide power to the energy user. This is a major factor anticipated to increase the captive power plant market size in the coming years. Additionally, the rapid demand for reliable and continuous power supply across all commercial and industrial sectors is expected to boost the captive power plant market growth in the forecast period. Besides this, the decline in natural gas and crude oil production output will decrease the availability of power grid feedstock. This will amplify the need for captive power generation, thus increasing the captive power plant market revenue during the forecast period. The increasing demand for electricity in utility from the steel manufacturing industry is also expected to create captive power plant market growth opportunities in the coming years.
Expansion of Oil and Gas Sector to Help North America Witness Significant Market Growth
Fortune Business Insights foresees the market in North America will witness significant growth on account of initiatives taken by industrial parks and manufacturing companies to install their power generation units in the region. This, coupled with the geographical expansion of the oil and gas sectors, is anticipated to increase the captive power plant market size in the coming years.
On the other side, the persistent increase in power demand is promoting the growth of captive power plant installation in Europe, thus boosting the regional market. Additionally, the Asia Pacific market will witness a high captive power plant market share because of the frequent power outrage incidents that developing nations face.
Contracts, Agreements, and Strategic Collaborations by Companies to Bode Well for Market
Companies functioning in the market are adopting strategies such as contracts and agreements, mergers and acquisitions, and company collaborations for better captive power plant market revenue generation. These strategies will help the market vendors obtain their foothold in the competition and thus increase their market size in the coming years.
Key Industry Developments
Some of the key industry developments in the captive power plant market include:
May 2017 – Hindalco Industries and GE entered into a collaborative agreement for upgrading the former’s captive power plant, situated in Uttar Pradesh, India. According to this agreement, two-stream turbines will be modified at the power plants for improving the turbine output up to 4MW each. This is anticipated to improve the efficiency and longevity of the plant by 20 years.
February 2018 – A contract worth Rs 1034 crore was given to Bharat Heavy Electricals by Hindustan Petroleum for the setting up of a captive power plant based on the gas turbine. This is done for the expansion of the Vikash Refinery project in Andhra Pradesh.
Some of the significant players operating in the captive power plant market are listed below:
- Holtec Consulting Pvt Ltd.
- Welspun Group
- UltraTech Cement
- Jindal Steel & Power Ltd.
- Samsung C&T Corporation
- Clarke Energy
- Reliance Powers
Key Market Driver – Expansion of small and medium scale industries along with rapid investment in industries
Key Market Restraint – Inclination towards renewable energy sources and strict environment regulatory
Key Segmental Overview:
1. By Fuel
2. By Industry
- Metals & Minerals
3. By Geography
- North America (the USA and Canada)
- Europe (UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe)
- Asia Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, Southeast Asia and Rest of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and Rest of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa (South Africa, GCC and Rest of Middle East & Africa)
Major Table of Content For Captive Power Plant Market:
- Executive Summary
- Market Dynamics
- Key Insights
- Global Captive Power Plant Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast, 2026
- North America Captive Power Plant Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast, 2026
- Europe Captive Power Plant Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast, 2026
- Asia Pacific Captive Power Plant Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast, 2026
- Middle East and Africa Captive Power Plant Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast, 2026
- Latin America Captive Power Plant Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast, 2026
- Competitive Landscape
- Company Profile
View Related Reports:
Fortune Business Insights™ offers expert corporate analysis and accurate data, helping organizations of all sizes make timely decisions. We tailor innovative solutions for our clients, assisting them to address challenges distinct to their businesses. Our goal is to empower our clients with holistic market intelligence, giving a granular overview of the market they are operating in.
Our reports contain a unique mix of tangible insights and qualitative analysis to help companies achieve sustainable growth. Our team of experienced analysts and consultants use industry-leading research tools and techniques to compile comprehensive market studies, interspersed with relevant data.
At Fortune Business Insights™ we aim at highlighting the most lucrative growth opportunities for our clients. We, therefore, offer recommendations, making it easier for them to navigate through technological and market-related changes. Our consulting services are designed to help organizations identify hidden opportunities and understand prevailing competitive challenges.
Fortune Business Insights™ Pvt. Ltd.
308, Supreme Headquarters,
Survey No. 36, Baner,
Pune – 411045, Maharashtra, India.
US :+1 424 253 0390
UK : +44 2071 939123
APAC : +91 744 740 1245
Email: [email protected]