The demand for clean energy is rising at a fast pace. The rise in dispersion of renewable energy on a worldwide basis has augmented the need for flexible, long lasting operation and efficient energy storage solutions. Fortune Business Insights projects the global hybrid flow battery market to witness remarkable growth in the coming years on account of increasing preference for renewable energy for generating power. is the report on the market, titled “Hybrid Flow Battery Market Size, Share and Global Trend by Type (Zinc-Bromine (Zn-Br), Zinc-Cerium (Zn-Ce), Iron-Salt (Fe-Na Cl)), by Application (Utilities, Defence, EV Charging Station, Commercial, Industrial, Others), and Geography Forecast till 2026” offers key insights into various growth drivers and challenges.
For more information in the analysis of this report, visit: https://www.fortunebusinessinsights.com/industry-reports/hybrid-flow-battery-market-100404
Key Industry Developments
- In February 2019, Energy storage start-up Gelion, has launched zinc bromine gell battery to take on lithium. It unveiled 1st commercial application of Gelion at University of Sydney with $1 million contract in association with the university.
- In November 2018, Redflow got a contract from its hometown Australia for providing 32 zine bromine flow batteries to the Knox Children and Family Centres in Melbourne with each be fitted with 100kW solar array and 16ZBM2 batteries totalling 160kWh of storage per site.
- In August 2018, University of Glasgow developed a technology for new hybrid flow battery that can release electricity or hydrogen gas on demand.
- Aquion Energy
- Gildemeister Energy Solutions
- Redflow Limited
- EnSync Energy Systems
- Primus Power
- Smart Energy
- ZBB Energy Corporation
- Gelion Technologies
- Lockheed Corporation
Key Market Driver – Highly advantageous properties over other batteries
Key Market Restraint – Expensive manufacturing cost
Request a Sample Copy of the Global Market Research Report: https://www.fortunebusinessinsights.com/enquiry/request-sample-pdf/hybrid-flow-battery-market-100404
Development Projects Undertaken by Various Nations Augmenting Growth
The University of Glasgow developed a technology in August 2018. This technology was a new hybrid flow battery capable of releasing hydrogen gas or electricity on demand. Besides this, the company Redflow received a contract from Australia. The contract demanded 32 zine bromine flow batteries to the Knox Children and Family Centres in Melbourne. Each of the zine bromine flow batteries were implemented with 16ZBM2 batteries and 100 Kilowatts of solar array combining a 160kWh of storage per site. The aforementioned developments in the hybrid flow battery market are anticipated to generate more revenues in the coming years.
Key Segmental Overview:
- By Type
- Zinc-Bromine (Zn-Br)
- Zinc-Cerium (Zn-Ce)
- Iron-Salt (Fe-NaCl)
- By Application
- EV Charging Station
- By Geography
- North America (USA and Canada)
- Europe (UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe)
- Asia Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, Southeast Asia and Rest of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and Rest of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa (South Africa, GCC and Rest of Middle East & Africa)
Request for Customization: https://www.fortunebusinessinsights.com/enquiry/customization/hybrid-flow-battery-market-100404
Need to Preserve Energy for Future Identified as Key Growth Driver
Large-sale utilities need technologies that can store renewable energy cost-effectively for future. Hence, the need for flow batteries increased. Flow battery is the technology used for storing energy for future consumption, irrespective of geographies. This energy is then used as large-sale utilities for grid-use. Flow batteries are installed with the combination of diesel, photovoltaics, or wind turbines, along with biogas generators for storing energy. The high demand to store energy for future use is a major driver of the global hybrid flow battery market.
Advantages of using hybrid flow batteries include higher cell voltage, deep discharging capabilities and higher energy density as compared to vanadium redox flow batteries. Thus their demand is forecast to increase as globally the demand for advanced technology rises. Apart from this, hybrid flow batteries can be used in e-vehicle charging stations for utility and also for commercial purposes.
Other factors boosting the global hybrid flow battery market are the rising demand for large storage for data centers, rising investments in renewable energy, and the increasing demand from the utilities sector. Besides this, growth of telecommunications tower installations is also propelling the demand for hybrid flow batteries, which is further anticipated to generate more revenues to the global market in the coming years.
However, the market may face challenges in terms of technical glitches that may occur. Beside this, high construction, installation, and maintenance costs of hybrid flow batteries may also stand in way of market benefits. Also, the lack of proper standards for developing an apt hybrid flow battery system and the extra space it requires may hamper the market in the long run.
New Transportation Projects such as Metro Construction and Others to Help Asia Pacific Emerge as Fastest Growing Region
Fortune Business Insights foresees the global hybrid flow battery market to be dominated by North America. This is due to the presence of international organizations Department of Energy(DoE) in the United States. Researchers in DoE are focusing on the development of advanced energy technology. Besides this, in Asia Pacific market the market is anticipated to witness attractive growth opportunities China and India
Major Table of Content for Hybrid Flow Battery Market:
- Executive Summary
- Market Dynamics
- Key Insights
- Global Hybrid Flow Battery Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast, 2026
- North America Hybrid Flow Battery Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast, 2026
- Europe Hybrid Flow Battery Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast, 2026
- Asia Pacific Hybrid Flow Battery Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast, 2026
- The Middle East and Africa Hybrid Flow Battery Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast, 2026
- Latin America Hybrid Flow Battery Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast, 2026
- Competitive Landscape
- Company Profile
Other Exclusive Reports:
Fortune Business Insights™ offers expert corporate analysis and accurate data, helping organizations of all sizes make timely decisions. Our reports contain a unique mix of tangible insights and qualitative analysis to help companies achieve sustainable growth. Our team of experienced analysts and consultants use industry-leading research tools and techniques to compile comprehensive market studies, interspersed with relevant data.
Name: Ashwin Arora
Email: [email protected]
Phone: US +1 424 253 0390 / UK +44 2071 939123 / APAC: +91 744 740 1245